There’s something so comforting about curling up on the couch with nothing but your book and a blanket. In a world overflowing with technology, perhaps holding a paperback in your hands and allowing your eyes a break from a screen should be the new #weekendgoals, not to mention every entrepreneur needs a shelf full of encouragement. Plus, who doesn’t need an excuse to kill a few hours in the book store, are we right? Well, next time you’re there, take a look for some of these handhelds that are sure to encourage any Lady Boss!
A Book to Help you Kick Ass
As a lady boss, and as aspiring entrepreneurs, we all need a little inspiration from time to time. Whether it’s reading up on how to overcome our number one set back (cough, ourselves, cough!) or learning how some of the biggest and baddest balance a fortune 500 company, a family and still have time to develop their own brand. As women we need to support each other, and learn from each others accomplishments, setback and milestones. These books are just a few that are sure to do just that!
- Leave your Mark: Land Your Dream Job. Kill It in Your Career. Rock Social Media by Aliza Licht
- #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
A Book to Inspire Travel
Sitting at a desk and working that 9-5 life is great, but with jealously-inducing apps like Instagram, it’s hard not to get swept up in the idea of packing a suitcase and seeing where you end up. If you can’t get away just yet, but you still love day dreaming anyways, here are a few books you should always have on hand.
- The Good Girls Guide to Getting Lost by Rachel Friedman
- Pray. Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- 1000 Places to See Before You Die by Patricia Schultz
A Book that Cracks you Up!
Recent studies have shown that work place humour can help spur creativity, and relieve the negative effects of stress, tension and anxiety. A laugh a day will keep the doctor away, so to speak. In fact, there are a lot of larger companies who are seeing the benefits of having a humour director, as funny as that sounds! Well, you may not need one of those yet, but having a few books around that can inspire a good old-fashion chuckle is a great place to start. Here are a few to get you going.
- Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson
- Are You There Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler
- If You Ask Me (And of Couse You Won’t) by Betty White
A Book that Enhances your Coffee Table!
Whether it’s cooking up a fancy meal, or deciding how to decorate your new place there is always a need for a pretty book in your life. Even if you flip through it once, or a hundred times, it can always provide a temporary distraction when you’re hitting a lull at your desk!
- A Lifetime of Secrets by Frank Warren
- Handbags, A Love Story by Monica Botkier
- The Oh She Glows Cookbook by Angela Liddon